Becoming a BISD Volunteer!
Volunteers are recognized as an important part of the educational program in providing support services. We need you and want you to volunteer. Any parent or community member who wishes to become a school volunteer on a regular or frequent basis shall follow the procedure outlined below.
In order to ensure the safety of our students, local board policy dictates that BISD shall perform a criminal history record check on all employees as well as substitutes and volunteers. [See Texas Education Code 22.083(a)(b), Board policy DC (Legal), and GKG (Legal)].
Additionally, Brazosport ISD reserves the right to terminate volunteer status in the event that a volunteer violates the Educator’s Code of Ethics, Board Policy DH (Exhibit)
In addition, Education Code 22.053 states, “A volunteer who is serving as a direct service volunteer in the district is immune from civil liability, to the same extent as professional employee of a school district under Section 22.051.”
The information obtained by the district concerning criminal background history remains confidential and is kept in a separate file in the Human Resources Office.
We look forward to your assistance and contribution to the welfare and education of Brazosport ISD students. If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Office.
Steps to becoming a Brazosport ISD Volunteer:
- Contact or visit the campus of your choice to inquire about volunteer opportunities.
- Click on the 4BISDVolunteers graphic below to begin the registration process.
- Returning Volunteer: If you volunteered last year, you may reapply as a volunteer under the “Returning Volunteer” sign-in link.
- New Volunteer: If you did not volunteer last year, you will register as a new volunteer.
- Former Employee: If you are a former employee you will apply using option #3. Note: Current BISD employees do not need to use this process. You are already approved.
- Once your volunteer application has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email and your name will appear on the campus list you designated.
- To check the status of your volunteer application, log into the volunteer portal as a returning user (option #1) and it will show you the status of your application. You also have the option to update or remove your application.
VOLUNTEERS MUST RE-APPLY EVERY SCHOOL YEAR!